Learn more about the commercial engineer job: tasks, educational background, skills, salary and employment opportunities.
Commercial Engineer Job
The Commercial Engineer (also called Sales Engineer) has three main missions at AViSTO.
Within a portfolio of active clients, or thanks to commercial prospecting, he:
- Identifies the targets to be explored and tries to increase his volume of activity on the existing accounts.
- Includes the needs of prospects and convinces them that they are the right partners to carry out their project.
- Answers customers’ requests and negotiates contracts most of the time with the purchasing department (fixed price projects, technical assistance, service center).
- Selects the best talents who will carry out clients' projects.
- Conducts the recruitment process.
- Convinces the candidates to join his team with a permanent contract.
Engineer manager, he:
- Manages his team of consultants in order to bring projects in line with their aspirations.
- Supports their skill improvement.
- Regularly monitors their projects, as well as their annual reports,
- Establishes a trusting relationship, based on listening and availability.
Before becoming a "senior", the novice commercial engineer is often under the responsibility of an experienced manager. This manager has to provide him advice and good practices, in order to help him to improve.
Become commercial engineer
In general, he comes from a business school, an engineering school or an equivalent.
Commercial engineer skills
All commercial engineers from AViSTO have a technical profile: they have received training in software engineering and most of them have practiced as consultants.
This gives them a highly valued technical added value to carry out their various missions.
Thus, they possess a triple competence: technical, commercial and managerial.
- Good speaker
- Be proactive
- Sense of service
- Team spirit
A young commercial engineer can expect a salary from 38K€ to 42K€.
Commercial engineer employment
AViSTO often hires commercial engineers in France. Find out employment opportunities on our job board; you can also submit an unsolicited application.