Learn more about the web developer job: tasks, educational background, skills, salary and employment opportunities.
- Web developer job
- Educational background
- Web engineer skills
- Web engineer salary
- Web engineer employment
The web developer job
The web engineer takes action during the major milestones of a web project:
- Analysis and understanding of a need.
- The design phase during which the technical architecture and the programming language(s) to be used will be define.
- Prototype production and iterations with the customer.
- Development itself. This stage, which can also be carried out during several iterations, includes software development, HTML/CSS integration, and writing unit testing.
- Potentially, configuring and securing the server, as well as putting the website into production.
Become a web developer
To become a web developer, it is essential to be passionate about computing and Internet, attracted by new technologies and know how to quickly adapt to tomorrow’s developments.
It is possible to graduate from an engineering school or university, after a general (preparatory classes) or more technical (two-year technical degree) course.
Web engineer skills
The web engineer must have technical skills, relational and functional skills, and potentially artistic skills.
He often works in a context different from traditional computing projects since the interfaces developed are being intended for the general public.
Moreover, since the ecosystem of web technologies is constantly evolving, the developer has to change regularly the framework and language.
The coding is still sometimes seen as a less technical job, it has not been true for a long time since the patterns implemented on the websites have nothing to envy the “standard” applications.
Web engineer salary
In France, the recent graduate web engineer generally receives a salary from 33K€ to 36K€.
Web engineer employment
AVISTO employs web engineers in France! Find out employment opportunities on our jobs board.